Monday, January 30, 2012

The Short Comings of a Day

Ever had a day where you feel that nothing goes right? Really?!?!? Never?!?!?!?!?!?!? Yeah, right... me too! Every step you take something goes wrong. You wake up late, don't get to bathe (hooray for the military shower - extra deodorant), make it to work right on time but you still feel like you were late sense you were the last one to walk in the door, your mind is racing thinking about everything you couldn't do because you now feel so lazy for sleeping in... The day goes on and as you strive to do your job you find new ways to mess up! You finally make it home and you get started on the list that you thought up during the morning meeting and things just don't go the way you plan. You reach the point of pulling your hair out because of the frustration you feel, and then realize that tomorrow is another day. Its with the thought of tomorrow that I realized something... 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
WOW... That "in every thing" kinda covers EVERY THING doesn't it. In the days that we feel it all falling apart, do we thank God for it? Do we stop and put our trust in God for what He has for us in a day where we realize our short comings? What pierced my heart the most was not that I failed in the everything department, but I completely missed the "will of God in Christ Jesus" concerning me. Because I wasn't thankful today I missed the will of God for me today! So what about you? We all have bad days, but that is just another proof that we are alive! So for tomorrow, the day we always look forward to when we have a bad day, lets not miss the will of God for our lives. Lets find a way to be thankful! There is always something to be thankful for. It could be something simple: the fact that we woke up; the fact that we have a job. But when I woke up my back was hurting; or I hate my job. We all face that from time to time, but NEVER forget that Jesus Christ died on the cross for YOU, and because of that YOU can life forever in Heaven! All because He shed His blood for your sin; He paid a debt that you could never pay! There is always something to be thankful for, we just choose not to look for it sometimes. Thank you Lord for loving me, even when I feel so unlovable!

3 comments:

  1. Today, I'm thankful for the wonderful truths that God has laid on the heart of my sweet nephew to share with his family and friends. Great insight!!!! Great encouragement!!!! Thankful Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to remember this at times. It is something we should all work on, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never known you to be "so unlovable." ;)

    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete