Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Greatest Man I Have EVER Known!

My Grandpa passed away on January 9, 2012. We called him Pa. Pa was most definitely a family man and a man of Faith. His life was devoted to the care of his family and the work of his Lord. He never drew a paycheck... What was grown in his garden was what he ate. The crops he was able to sell was the money that he earned. He depended wholly on his Savior for everything in his life. And my Pa was an amazing Bible student! He was one of the wisest men I think I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with. The life of Pa was certainly a lasting impression on my life. Most notably was the impact Pa made on my life with the way he reverenced the things of God. It was this reverence that truly introduced me to the greatest man I've ever known! Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, God with us! Pa's life was one dedicated to Christ. As my family grieves with the loss of Pa we now look Christ as we have been taught. Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Jesus Christ, the giver of rest to those that are in need; to those that are weary; and those that are burdened down. John 15:13, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ showed us the greatest love that anyone could ever imagine! He came to this world to die for our sins. He, God in the flesh, laid down His life for us! John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Jesus Christ, 100% man yet still 100% God. I may not understand it fully how God wrapped himself in a robe of flesh, accepting the limitations that we have, yet without sin. Nevertheless... Jesus Christ, in His deity, in His glory, in His holiness; the greatest man I have ever known!

1 comment:

  1. Very privileged to know Pa and his Saviour... my Saviour also. Thank you, Daniel, for these heartfelt words and the comfort and encouragement they bring.

    ReplyDelete